In response to our Daruma "Roly-Poly" gift to Ann Eberhard, the Friends of Lee received the following:
Dear Lee and Friends -
Thank you so much for thinking of me in the midst of your travels! ... Since I was about four years old, I have had two small kokeshi dolls (from a friend of Dad's in seminary), and I will treasure this dharma doll just as much.
There is a favorite quotation of mine by Emily Dickinson - "Dwell in possibility!" It is in several places throughout my home, and this roly-poly will represent the same spirit for me.
... Thank you again - very, very much!
And in an email to Jane Underwood from Shoda Masae-san:
This tour was the most impressive one I have ever had. And every time I listen to the song "She loves you", I will think of Lee & Friends. The first Beatles' album [appeared in] my adolescence[;] I was just 15 years old. Thanks for that nice memory.
Just thought you all would like to know ....
No comments:
Post a Comment